Friday, August 03, 2007

Psuck-o-logy

I am 2 classes deep into my Master of Science in Psychology program. I took 4 classes in the MBA program and dropped it. The business world is so....oh, I don't know.... business-y. Blah. So I switched programs and here I am - a graduate student in psychology. Being a journalism major, this is a much better fit for me. I can read and study people, and then write about it. A lot. Right now we are working on family genograms, which is basically a family tree but more detailed. Hey... I didn't sign up for this stuff to study my OWN psycho-ness. Isn't it everyone else in the world that has the problems? Wrong-o. I know my life and family are everything but perfect, but I have been happily making my way through this world by IGNORING that fact and floating along on my happy cloud eating cupcakes. But now my professor has us studying our family history and worse yet - our own development. EEK! Now I have to face myself and all my problems - luckily from a psychologist's point of view so it doesn't seem so personal.

Like I said before, the crazy stays in my head, folks. From the outside, they all think I'm sane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

american+girl.
Technorati Blog Finder