Friday, September 29, 2006

The only thing constant is change.

Sometimes, when I'm sitting at a stop light waiting for green, I think to myself, "I wonder what I will be doing a year from now." I'm pretty darn sure that last September 29, I had this very thought. And I probably shoved it to the back of my head because I was disappointed in the future I saw or thought seemed inevitable. Still renting, still single, still wondering what my place in life is supposed to be.

Here on September 29, 2006, I still have very much the same life as I did a year ago. But something is different. Not just physical things like the buying of a new home, but mentally, my mind is in a new place. I truly feel lucky to be who I am and where I am. I am content with being single and searching for my place in life. I know this can be a temporary state of mind. But today, when I wonder what life will be like on September 29, 2007, I smile and see good things in store.

Dating update - Still dating the Trickster. I like him a lot. I mean A LOT. But I also have a date with the Artist from San Diego next week. We are going to see Tom Petty. Then he goes back to San Diego, so what can come of this? I probably am doing this to appease my mother, who is worried I might like the Trickster too much and not offer the Artist a fair chance.

Job update - Still in the same job, but have been promoted to Team Lead. Waiting to interview for a new position next week for an even bigger promotion.

Home update - Nothing was ready for me yesterday on the final walk-through! Close of escrow has been postponed to October 10. Can't wait to share pictures.

BIGGEST UPDATE! I am getting a puppy. She is four weeks old so I haven't brought her home yet. Her name is Piper Jane and I could just eat her up she is so adorable.

1 Comments:

Blogger alannajoy said...

AWWWE Too cute- I want a puppy! Congrats on the promotion to Team Lead!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

american+girl.
Technorati Blog Finder