Thursday, November 16, 2006

Howdy Stranger

Today, I looked back at some of my posts from about a year ago and remember how creative I can be. Hmmm... maybe I'll find that creativity again. Sometimes, when a musician comes out with a song that seems so relatable, so down-to-earth, so normal, I find myself a little bit surprised. I think "What does this millionaire/celebrity know about every day life and regular hardships?" Their biggest problem of the day is wondering whether they should have their driver take them to Starbucks in the towncar or if they want to drive the convertible and risk having their picture taken by the paparazzi. I am curious to know what drives their creativity and enables them to write such touching music when they have such unrealistic problems and lives.

My point is this - not to compare myself to a celebrity or anything - but I feel like I have less hardships today than I did a year ago. Therefore, I have less motivation to write a touching, relatable blog entry. I do, however, have the actual time again to write and keep my 3 readers involved in my life! So after I get you up to speed on the "Life and Times of This American Girl," I'll go back to flexing my creative muscle.

I have been working REALLY hard for the past couple of months. And you know what? It paid off. I have been promoted to a liaison position. I work with corporations, firms, and other organizations to keep them informed of the classes we offer at our university that could benefit their employees, members, clients, etc. So, basically, in my other position as a counselor, I advised students. Now I go out and find the students. I'm not micromanaged anymore. I create my own goals and monthly plans. I get paid a whole heck of a lot more. So it's a win/win.

I love my new home. It's a condo in downtown Phoenix. It's the first time I've been able to design and create my own living space with my own tastes and preferences. No husband to tell me "nothing girly!" No roommate hanging terrible paintings leaving me to defend myself to my visitors with disclaimers such as "Pay no attention to the art on the wall." It's MY home and I finally don't have to share.

I'm growing to love my puppy. After the first two weeks, and breaking down into tears of frustration, I almost packed up little Piper and shipped her back to where she came from. Um, having a puppy is hard. But it's been a month now and we are getting into a routine that she has adapted very well to and, if I do say so myself, I have a very well behaved little dog.

And one last thing, the trickster is a goner. There is no one in my life worth mentioning. Oh wait. Remember the guy I wish I could have for my own but was moving away AND had a girlfriend? Well, let's just say this: he's now single, he's moving back to Arizona, oh and I can still feel last night's kiss lingering on my lips.

1 Comments:

Blogger alannajoy said...

Nice Gurl! Feeling last night's kiss the next day is definitely a kiss worth having again ;)

Thx for the catch up on la vida, was beginning to wonder what all became of the new condo/pup sitchu! Sounds like things are really groovin' over there in sunny Phoenix... Definitely keep me posted on your east coast excursion!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

american+girl.
Technorati Blog Finder